PASS THE PICTURE
Cross-curricular links: English language, Humans and their world
Target language: body, head, legs
Time: 10 minutes
Materials: paper, pencils
- Each pupil gets a blank sheet of paper.
- Clearly show them how to fold the paper into three parts: “Fold the paper like this, please.”
- Unfold the paper and ask the to children draw the head of any animal in the upper third of the paper: “Draw the head of an animal you like“.
- Show children how to folded the head over before handing their drawing to their neighbour, so that the neighbour can not see it: „Fold the paper and pass it to your left.”
- Give out the next instructions: “Draw the body of an animal you like here” and show the children that they should draw only the body of an animal in the middle third of the paper.
- The children fold the paper again and pass to their neighbour as before.
- Finally they draw the legs: “Draw the legs of an animal you like.” and show the children that they should draw the legs of an animal in the bottom third of the paper.
- Unfold the paper and look at the pictures that have been created (e.g. there could be a monkey’s head, a crocodile’s body and an elephant’s legs).
- The children can create strange names for the animals (e.g. with the beginning letters or syllables of the names of the animals in English – monkey, crocodile, elephant becomes a moncrel).
Tento projekt je spolufinancován Evropským sociálním fondem a státním rozpočtem České republiky.