SAY HELLO (DVD)
(Greetings and Introducing)
Subject: Humans and their world
Cross-curricular links: English language
Time: 10-15 minutes
Materials: DVD player, flashcards
- In an amusing way this video will help the children learn how to greet people by practicing and imitating “hello” taking on different characters to begin speaking in English.
- First show the whole clip “Say Hello” without pauses. Encourage the children to sing along to the song and ’say with Steve’ where appropriate.
- If the class enjoyed the clip, play for a second time with pauses.
- Pause the DVD after each time Steve says hello as a different character. Ask the children to “say hello“, like that character, as Steve does. If the children get into the activity feel free to give them further practice by repeatedly saying hello like this after you count to 3 each time.
- At the end of the clip say and wave goodbye to Steve “Bye-bye.”
Greetings and Introducing
Tento projekt je spolufinancován Evropským sociálním fondem a státním rozpočtem České republiky.