(Time and Seasons of the Year)
Subject: Humans and their world
Cross-curricular links: English language
Target language: Numbers 1 až 12
Language structures: What’s the time?/What time is it? - It’s (2) o’clock.
Time: 10 minutes
Materials: a clock
- The children form 2-5 teams (according to the number of children in the class) and line up in queues.
- Set the time on the clock without the children seeing and ask the first child in each line to take one step forward.
- Then turn the clock around quickly to show them the time and ask: “What’s time is it?“. The first to answer correctly can go and sit down. The others must return to the back of their team’s line. Now those next in line are at the front.
- Set another time and again ask: “What time is it?“ and the whole process is repeated.
- The winning team is that whose all members are sitting down.
Time and Seasons of the Year
Tento projekt je spolufinancován Evropským sociálním fondem a státním rozpočtem České republiky.