Subject: Humans and their world
Cross-curricular links: English language
Time: 10 minutes
Materials: weather flashcards or pictures created by the children (illustrating raining, snowing, etc.)
- Split the children into two teams and hang up several pictures between them (the easiest way is to use clothes pegs on a string) – see diagram below.
- Using a student from the first team, ask him/her to go up to the first picture „stand in front of the first picture.“ and as a class ask him/her “What’s the weather like today?“ If they do not know, other members of the team can help by shouting out the answer.
- Show the players that they must move along the line (starting at opposite ends) saying what weather is in each picture until they meet in the middle.
- The two players are moving towards each other and they will eventually meet somewhere in the middle, where they have to play paper, scissors, stone. “Now play paper, scissors, stone” The child that loses must return to the back of their team and the next in line steps up to the first picture “Ok, sorry but you lost, so please go back to your team.“ The pupil who won continues from where they are and after saying “Ready, steady, go” the process is repeated.
- The team that gets to the other side first wins.
Tento projekt je spolufinancován Evropským sociálním fondem a státním rozpočtem České republiky.